Here we are again my friends and welcome to another edition of “A Striking Spotlight w/ Brian Hirsch”. I would like to first congratulate all the winners from this years Grand Canyon State Games…boy did we have fun!!!! Thanks also to Peggy and her Staff at AMF Deer Valley for hosting this event. Now onto this month’s Spotlight….. I am very happy that I got the chance to Spotlight this person because I have admired and respected this Bowler very much, and now without delay let’s learn a bit about this months Striking Spotlight….. Ben Laughlin
1) Tell me about a memorable moment in your life; a time you will never forget. Winning the European Masters a month before I left Germany, It was my last chance to win the tournament that I circled on the calendar every year.
2) What are the goals you are still working toward? Being a more gracious loser, it’s easy to be nice when you win. It’s a lot harder when you lose.
3) What is your most embarrassing Bowling moment? Don’t have one. If you are trying every time, there is nothing to ever be embarrassed about. The ones that don’t try are the ones who should be embarrassed.
4) We know you do a great deal to help others; what are some causes you’re working on now? I would really like to get into coaching high school teams.
5) You’ve obviously achieved a lot, but what is one of your greatest disappointments, and how did you deal with it? My poor performance in 2005-06 on the PBA Tour. I felt I let a lot people down who supported me and my bowling dream.
6) What is the most rewarding part of your job? It’s when Bill buys me Olive Garden for lunch.
7) What have you done to improve your knowledge of the PBA Tour since your last TV appearance? You have to be straighter as long as possible on these patterns.
8) What PBA Member do you look forward to playing the most, and why? Dave Wodka (It was always fun beating the boss) Eric Forkel (personal reasons) Jeff Frankos (I think he is the best player in the West Region).
9) Who challenges you most on the lanes, and how? Myself. I want to win every time I put my shoes on and I am disappointed with myself when I don’t. I then figure out why I didn’t win and try to not let that be a reason ever again.
10) Do you have anything to say that we didn’t ask you about? I really don’t hate all lefthanders, Just most of them.