Welcome back Bowlers!!!!!!!
August is such a great month for our sport …League Meetings will soon start to form and before we know it we’re back into the Fall Bowling season. That makes this the perfect time to do bowling equipment checks. Maybe its time to change out those old grips, get that old bowling ball cleaned up or maybe even make time to get a lesson with a USBC Coach. David Leverage Silver Level USBC coach is having a 3 day Pro Bowling Camp the weekend of August 15-17.
Now some background on our Striking Spotlight Bowler of the month… Jim Schwichtenberg. Jim and I have been bowling on the Kopper Kup League for two and a half years and during that time Jim has helped me come along in my personal game mentally and physically. As a Senior Bowler cashing in PBA and ACBA tournaments he has taught me that focus and mental toughness is needed, no matter if it’s the first ball of game one or the last shot to win a title. Jim, I thank you for all your kind words over the years and look forward to another season of bowling with you again!
1) What city/state were you born in? Chicago, Illinois Inner City
2) Is there something you wish you could do over again? Start bowling with better bowlers sooner.
3) What things do you find yourself doing that you said you’d ‘never’ do? I’m bowling in the Kopper Kup Bowling League for another season.
4) Tell me about a memorable moment in your life; a time you will never forget. Having a son finally after 3 beautiful daughters Unlike David Leverage.
5) What is something that you are really proud of and why? From November 1, 2007 up until the present, I have gone from 238 pounds size 41 waist to the present weight of 182 and a 35 waist.
6) The nature of sports has changed greatly in the past decade. What do you think students should take from high-school sports? Practice and self discipline are keys to success.
7) Describe yourself in three words. Integrity, Honesty and Truthfulness.
8) Top 4 favorite players, past or present? Earl Anthony, Dave Davis, Johnny Petraglia, David Ozio.
9) Who challenges you most on the lanes, and how? Actually I challenge myself. Need more Focus…Focus…Focus!
Till next month my friends, Be safe and stay COOOOL!!!!!!