Gene J. Kanak
ARLINGTON, Texas – Eight competitors from the 2022 Junior Gold Championships have been selected to receive the David Dahms Sportsmanship Award.
The winners were determined by the International Bowling Campus Youth Committee based on nominations received from participants at this year’s Junior Gold Championships, which was held across eight bowling centers in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area in July.
The David Dahms Sportsmanship Award is given to competitors who best exemplify sportsmanship, leadership, positive attitude and enthusiasm during the Junior Gold Championships. The honor is awarded to one male and one female participant in each division.
Each winner in the 12-and-under (U12), U15, U18 and U20 divisions receives a 100-point SMART scholarship. The 2022 winners are:
• Girls: Amanda Brevard, Arnold, Mo.
• Boys: Callen Cabral, Somerset, Mass.
• Girls: Mia Luna, Roselle Park, N.J.
• Boys: Dylan Hubley, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
• Girls: Kadence Bottrall, Dorr, Mich.
• Boys: Peyton Keesee, Kingsport, Tenn.
• Girls: Jordan Mundt, Arlington, Tenn.
• Boys: Silas Lira, Tampa, Fla.
The award is named for David Dahms, who was instrumental in the development and launch of the Junior Gold program.